Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hemingt
Helper V
Helper V

How to change statcked column order?

Hello Team,

I have a cloumn named 'status' in my source data table. There are several different values (New, Open, Deliver, Build, Verify, Close).

I use the 'status' to create a stacked column chart to get the count of different status.

The default stacked order is based on the first character of the status value, I want to reorder the stacked, such as move the 'Verify' status to the bottom of the stacked column. Is it possible? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

@hemingt 

One way is to create a "Status Index" column (in the Power Query editor).

In your case, you would want the lowest Status Index (say 1) to correspond to Status = "Verify".

Then in the Report or Data view, select the Status column, go to Modelling on the ribbon, choose Sort By Column and select Status Index.

In a quick test at my end, the Status with the lowest Index appears at the bottom of the stacked column.

Does that work for you? Please post back if needed.

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

@hemingt 

One way is to create a "Status Index" column (in the Power Query editor).

In your case, you would want the lowest Status Index (say 1) to correspond to Status = "Verify".

Then in the Report or Data view, select the Status column, go to Modelling on the ribbon, choose Sort By Column and select Status Index.

In a quick test at my end, the Status with the lowest Index appears at the bottom of the stacked column.

Does that work for you? Please post back if needed.

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

Perfect! Thank you @OwenAuger 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't 'V' the last letter anyhow? it should be in the edge.

Hi @Anonymous , thank you for your reply.

My meaning is that where I can reorder the stacked by myself, such as can I put the Verify status to the mid of the stacked column or anywhere else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.