Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MrPencil
Regular Visitor

How to calculate with two tables in Direct Query Mode?

Hello,

I create the reports in Direct Query mode. I have 2 tables. One with header data, the other with position data. Table 1 shows the currency with the conversion rate. Table 2 shows the individual prices per item. I would now like to determine the prices from Table 2 with the conversion rate from Table 1. In Direct Query mode, I can not find a solution to create a new column or measure.

Thank you in advance. Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MrPencil,

Please click File -> Options and then Settings -> Options -> DirectQuery, then selecting the option "Allow unrestricted measures in DirectQuery mode". When that option is selected, any DAX expression that is valid for a measure can be used. You can create calculated column and measures.

Capture1.PNG

Create relationship between the tables, and get the the prices from another table using RELATED function by creating calculated columns or measures. Here is a thread which displays how to use related fucntion to lookup expected value, please review.

If you have any issue, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MrPencil,

Please click File -> Options and then Settings -> Options -> DirectQuery, then selecting the option "Allow unrestricted measures in DirectQuery mode". When that option is selected, any DAX expression that is valid for a measure can be used. You can create calculated column and measures.

Capture1.PNG

Create relationship between the tables, and get the the prices from another table using RELATED function by creating calculated columns or measures. Here is a thread which displays how to use related fucntion to lookup expected value, please review.

If you have any issue, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

thanks for you help. I have changed the setting for "Allow unrestricted measures...", but the function RELATED won't work. It is only possible to work with RELATEDTABLE. That ist not what I want.

But I found another solution for my problem. I didn't know the possibilty to extract a "related table" within a table. After that I could work with the column "invoice.currency" and I can calculate the sales in one currency.

Best regards

Thomas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.