Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

paradika123

How to calculate using "latest 3 months data" even I add more data later

Hi, everyone

I am still new at Power BI, maybe my english is not that good, I hope you understand my question..

So, I have this dataset (link below) where it have data for 3 months, I have to calculate AVERAGE on my data, I use this :

Average = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(StokSiloAll[Stok Keluar]);StokSiloAll[PLANT]=2404;StokSiloAll[TYPE]="PPC")

Then I realize, if use that code, then when I add some data later, ex : 1 month data later, it will calculate AVERAGE for 4 months instead of 3 months like i wanted. 

Please help me, what is the right code so it can calculate AVERAGE with latest 3 months data..

Thanks

Dataset link : https://goo.gl/qoZB29

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@paradika123,

You can create the following measure. Then create rolling average measure based on the sum of stok measure following the guide in this blog.

Sum of stok=CALCULATE(SUM(StokSiloAll[Stok Keluar]);StokSiloAll[PLANT]=2404;StokSiloAll[TYPE]="PPC")

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@paradika123,

You can create the following measure. Then create rolling average measure based on the sum of stok measure following the guide in this blog.

Sum of stok=CALCULATE(SUM(StokSiloAll[Stok Keluar]);StokSiloAll[PLANT]=2404;StokSiloAll[TYPE]="PPC")

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

See my rolling months quick measure here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Rolling-Months/m-p/391499

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
iamprajot
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

=
AVERAGEX (
DATESINPERIOD (
TableName[DateColumn],
LASTDATE ( TableName[DateColumn] ),
MONTH
),
SUM[AmountColumn])
)

I'm interested with your solution but it still cant work properly in my case, can you help me by apply your code into mine (my code in my question above) ?
thanks 

quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @paradika123

You need to use the relative date filtering so that you don't have to include your month in your formula anymore :

relativedate.PNG

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.