Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JaredJi
Frequent Visitor

How to apply one value to other dates, from monthly value to weekly value

Hi guys,

I have a table that need to display weekly forecast and value based on the customer. But My forecast value is monthly with date column that is the start of the month.

Current situation:

JaredJi_0-1670895302966.png

as you can see the forecast data shows data when it's the start of the month as the date column is the start of the month.

How do I apply the value to other dates?

I could have weekly forecast value calculated as (monthly value / 4.2).

Also I want to display the forecast data when there is actual tonnes aim value which means displaying empty value when there is no tonnes aim data.

Here is my data model

JaredJi_1-1670895549454.png

Please help😭

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaredJi ,

If I understand correctly, you would like to get the forecast value per week on the matrix visual. And the weekly forecast value will be monthly forecast/4.2. But why it divide by 4.2 instead of 4? Whether your expected result is the ones in below screenshot? Could you please provide some raw data with Text  format and the matrix Fields settings? It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

yingyinr_0-1671003425843.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Rena,

Yes. What you showed is exactly what I expected. here is my matirx setting. Do you still need some raw data?

How do I provide it?

JaredJi_1-1671061045020.png

Hi @JaredJi ,

Yes, it is required. Are the involved field on the matrix visual from the same table or different tables? If they are come from different tables, please also provide the relationship info between these tables if there is any relationship created besides sharing the raw data. You can paste the raw data in your post directly... It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Please grant the proper permission to your shared file. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.