Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add average line to measure bar chart

Hi, 

Need help to add an average line to bar chart.

These measures are calculated through CALCULATE and COUNT with FILTER, etc.

C1.PNG

I want to show them in bar chart with and an average line shows across the bars. Like below:

C2.PNG

However, when I use Line and Staked Column Chart and put the TEST to the Line Values, it shows below. Can someone suggest a way to solve.

C4.PNG

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkS
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

HI @Anonymous,

On the analytics tab of the clustered column visualization you can choose to add an average line.  Select the measure that you want to average from the dropdown for the measure.

Community 12-21-2017.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarkS
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

HI @Anonymous,

On the analytics tab of the clustered column visualization you can choose to add an average line.  Select the measure that you want to average from the dropdown for the measure.

Community 12-21-2017.PNG

Shelley
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

This is awesome! THANK YOU! I couldn't get my measure to work. This gives me what I was looking for. Hopefully, my customers agree.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to do this but on a horizontal bar chart?
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

It will be help if you share some sample data.

BTW, if your percentage value is from measure, I don't think you can direct use other measure to calculate average on it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.