Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

schilders
Frequent Visitor

How to Slice Data from Two Objects in the Data Model?

Filter_Data_Model.JPG

My data model contains 2 objects that contain similar but different information.  I've configured slicers to filter data from the Claims object.  However, I need to also ensure that the PQI Claims object is filtered by the same slicers.  The DateFrom object is a DAX Calendar formula that creates a Date Dimension.  The Date Dimension filters nicely both of the Claims and PQI Claims objects.  

What must I do to use the same slicers to filter data from both Claims and PQI Claims objects?

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@schilders I would highly recommend that.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@schilders although it is not a recommended method, you can change crossfilter direction to both for one of the relationships between Claims and another table.  Model relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, modifying the crossfilter direction did not resolve the issue.  The contents of PQI Claims is acutally a subset of the Claims object.  That is, not all Claims are housed in PQI claims, only those claims that meet specific criteria.  I may need to re-structure my model so that I have just one Claims object rather than two?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.