Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

schilders
Frequent Visitor

How to Relate Items in My Data Model?

PCP_Data_Model.JPG

I've created the above daa model for a primary care provider dashboard.  The fact table is the Claim Details and another fact table is the Member Months table.  I need to include Member Months and Claim Details Net values in visuals alongside each other. 

Member Months can be joined on the PCP Key ID, Health Plan, Benefit Option, Member Key ID and Year/Month.  I've tried to accomplish somewhat of a star schema but the data returned does not pass validation.  

A member is only assigned to one provider at a given time.  A member may, or may not, have a claim during a selected time.  Additonally, the provider may or may not have members assigned in a given month for a given health plan.  

It feels like I need another object in the model to associate the Member Months with Claims for a particular member.  However, I also need to better understand how best to structure the model for optimal and accurate results.

Can anyone suggest how best to modify the schema to achieve the need to return measure from both Claim Details and Member Months?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I need to include Member Months and Claim Details Net values in visuals alongside each other. 

They are both controlled by the DimMember dimension, Use a field from that table in your visual, then you can add columns from both fact tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.