Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

PPStar
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to Group Data / Visualise

Hello. 

I have a survery that users fill in. In one of the questions, they are given the option of free text box where they can express their views on the given topic. E.g Why are you not satified with your working arrangements?

Users populate the form with lots of text expressing views such as, complaints about management, not being able to work from home, tea and coffee machine broken, issues in the office, etc - the responses are varied and users can type upto 2000 characters. 

I need a way to group this or find a way to easily report on this response. 

I tried using Text Analyics feature in Power BI Desktop to extract Key Words - but its failing to extract the key words which i think are key. 

What is the best way to report on this data. I was thinking if it was possible to group this data in buckets - so can we automate a way to say "this response is refering to working from home, so tag it as working from home", or this response is issues with management, so tag it under 'management issues' tag. 

Then i can just report on the tags.  Is this possible, if so, what is the best way to acheive this. 

hope that made sense. 

Any help will be beneficial. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PPStar ,

One way to group the free text responses is to use key phrase extraction. Power BI has a built-in key phrase extraction feature that can extract the most important phrases from unstructured text. You can use this feature to extract key phrases from the free text responses and then group the responses based on the key phrases.

To use the key phrase extraction feature in Power BI, you can follow the steps outlined in the tutorial "Tutorial: Integrate Power BI with key phrase extraction - Azure Cognitive Services | Microsoft Learn".

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi. 

as stated in my original post, i have tried to use this, but it does not give the results i want. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.