Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darshaningale
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to Filter table data based on USERELATIONSHIP

I have table A and table B. There is no active relationship between both of them.

I have created two measures in Table A based on USERELATIONSHIP between Table A & Table B.

I have put both the measures in one column chart graph.

If i select measureX on graph it should filter Table B using relationship1. If i select measureY on graph it should filter Table B using relationship2. I want to show the filtered data of table B in a table visual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darshaningale,

I think you are misunderstood with USERELATIONSHIP functions.

Power bi not able to dynamically change the active relationship based on selection. (this function does not change the active relationship)
It will change the DAX expressions filters to use an inactive relationship key to filter on your expression and not affect the current relationship and filter interaction of visuals.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darshaningale,

I think you are misunderstood with USERELATIONSHIP functions.

Power bi not able to dynamically change the active relationship based on selection. (this function does not change the active relationship)
It will change the DAX expressions filters to use an inactive relationship key to filter on your expression and not affect the current relationship and filter interaction of visuals.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The measures are already using USERELATIONSHIP while calculating.

Measures are working fine. The data is not getting filtered according to the measure selected.

@darshaningale , No very clear. If you click on table and other should filter(others) using this relation, that that others visual should also have measures using this relation

Not very clear @darshaningale ...can you share a file with sensitive data removed if possible to understand this better ?

@jaideepnema ,

Lets say TableA = Sprint Names & Table B = Bugs information.

I have created two measures Open Bugs & Closed Bugs and i am showing that in a column chart.

Now I can count the number of Open bugs from Table B. However when i click the measure value in the chart it should only show Open bugs from Table B.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.