Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

SamFW12

How do I create a like/dislike button

Im trying to create a like/dislike button that when clicked would write back into excel and add either like or dislike into a cell. Does anyone know how to do that?

4 REPLIES 4
SamFW12

That is a great idea but what if there was no data in the liked portion of the table, how would I get it so that likes would get added to the table

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @SamFW12 

Power BI currently doesn't have a writeback capability. You can try using PowerApps or PowerAutomate or a combination of both.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

That's a good idea, the only issue I have with power apps and power automate is that I cant seem to figure out how to get the likes/dislikes to appear on a certain cell without creating a new row

VN999
Helper II
Helper II

First, you need to create two measures in Power BI to track the number of likes and dislikes. These measures will act as counters.

LikesCount = COUNTROWS(FILTER('YourTable', 'YourTable'[Liked] = "Like"))

DislikesCount = COUNTROWS(FILTER('YourTable', 'YourTable'[Liked] = "Dislike"))

Replace with your Table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors