Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

larcaris
Frequent Visitor

How change the axis Waterfall Ultimate Position

Hi guys!!

I need a help with the Waterfall Ultimate Graph.

I need to change the position of one of my cateogries,that inside of my measure. But i dont know if its posible, in this graph.

At image below its a example that i need. I have top 5 of my categories, and the sixth position are my "Others" categories.
But i needed to insert two others measures (Col L and Col U), and i need that Col U will be at the end of the x axis. Its posible to do it?

example3.png

My measure is:

TOTAL_OTHERS_3 =
IF(
[Ranking_] <= 5,
[F_Total],
IF(
SELECTEDVALUE(Dim_DePara[GPO Category PBI])= "Others_Cat_Wapt",
SUMX(
FILTER(ALL(Dim_DePara[GPO Category PBI]),[Ranking_]>5), [F_Total]),
IF(
SELECTEDVALUE(Dim_DePara[COLDEPARA])= "COL L",
[F_Summary_Col_L] ,

IF(
SELECTEDVALUE(Dim_DePara[COLDEPARA])= "COL U",
[Summary_Col U], 0 )
)
)
)

ANY HELP is appreciated! Congrats!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Resolved!

First, i created a index measure, based on ranking that already works, where i can to set the number of the index that i want to show at waterfall graph.

Index =
IF(
[Ranking_] <= 5,
[Ranking_],
if(SELECTEDVALUE(Dimension_[Category])="X",0,
if(SELECTEDVALUE(Dimension_[Category])="Y",7,
if(SELECTEDVALUE(Dimension_[Category])="OTHERS",6))))

In the graph, i've added Index measure as a tooltip, and then, order the graph based on my index measure, and it worked perfectly!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @larcaris ,

It seems that you blank the table visual, if the category is confidential, we suggest you to blank the axis in your waterfall visual also. We can create a axis table and set the sort by column to meet your requirement:

11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft  its awesome! but my model is so hard, and because of this, i need to resolve all in a fact table.

You get me a idea, i'm thinking to do a column index in dax to resolve, it seems the best way to do it.

My ranking measure is above, but it works only to my top 5, to columns U and L it doesn't works: 

Ranking_ = RANKX(ALL(Dim_DePara[GPO Category PBI]), [F_Total], , DESC, Dense)

I'm new in powerbi, and i trying to solve this problem for 1 week.
Any help about the index column or change the ranking measure?
I don't know if i change the total_others_3 or ranking_ measure.

Resolved!

First, i created a index measure, based on ranking that already works, where i can to set the number of the index that i want to show at waterfall graph.

Index =
IF(
[Ranking_] <= 5,
[Ranking_],
if(SELECTEDVALUE(Dimension_[Category])="X",0,
if(SELECTEDVALUE(Dimension_[Category])="Y",7,
if(SELECTEDVALUE(Dimension_[Category])="OTHERS",6))))

In the graph, i've added Index measure as a tooltip, and then, order the graph based on my index measure, and it worked perfectly!!!!!!!

Hi @larcaris ,

Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem. Thank you for sharing this wonderful solution, we believe it can benefit more users. If you have any other questions about this scenario, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.