Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GPavias
Regular Visitor

How can I sort in a Matrix Text Column by an specific order and not by A-Z nor Z-A?

I have a work flow order:

1. Process "A" In Progress
  2. Process "A" Rejected
  3. Process "A" Completed
  4. Process "B" In Progress
  5. Process "B" Rejected
  6. Process "B" Completed

For now I have the numbers in the left to make the automatic order A-Z. But I need to remove them. 

I am trying to make a sort list as in excel.

Thanks!

GP
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Instead of removing, I would suggest you to hide them. As the creating new sort list will require you to create a new calculated column which again would create a same scenario.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Yes: Load that table as it is to the data model. Then in the data-view, check your work-flow column and go to Modeling -> Sort By Column and choose the number column to sort by. That way you don't have to show the sort-column in your reports.

PBI_SortByColumn.png

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Hi @ImkeF

Seems like we both misunderstood his question. I just realised that I think he would like to remove the numbers (1,2,3....)in front of every rows. I think, he can split and remove those numbers and then he should either create an Index column or concatenate two columns to create a custom sort order.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi @BhaveshPatel,

yes, I agree.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Instead of removing, I would suggest you to hide them. As the creating new sort list will require you to create a new calculated column which again would create a same scenario.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.