Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yanxili0205
Regular Visitor

How can I save the visuals generated in the Q&A explorer?

Hi,

I want to save the visuals that are generated in the Q&A explorer to my report directly, but there is no option for me to do that. If I click on the "Ask a question" in the ribbon, the visual is left on the report. But if I use the Q&A explorer to type in my question, it only gives me a preview and I am not able to save in on the report. Ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you referring to the Q&A feature within the PowerBI service with respect to Dashboards? Or are you referring to the Q&A Explorer within PowerBI Desktop?

If it's the first, you can pin visuals to a dashboard that are generated by the Q&A ("Ask a question about your data") feature.

If it's the second option (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcQ8gE-1hSU), I don't believe the Q&A Explorer feature was designed as a mechanism to add visuals to a report. As you mentioned, this can be done easily with the "Ask a Question" feature, or by dragging fields onto a report manually. I believe you can only save "questions" that populate visuals into the Q&A Explorer. Again, I think the intention of this feature is more to guide consumers of reports to questions that might be frequently asked of the data that doesn't appear on the report itself. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.