Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LABORSAL
Advocate II
Advocate II

Histogram from a measure table

Hello,

I'm trying to create a histogram to display how the BIAS of a group is behaving.

I created a table through Power Query which can give me the information I need at the highest possible granularity, however I'd like to be able to group this information by SKU.

What I currently have is:

Information from original table @ higest granularity
image.png

Which would in turn in the grouped level be:

SKUFACTFCSTBIAS
SKU 1-6.57562999102
SKU 2111.90893.74465197-0.19375
SKU 3200.5332200.5308001-1.2E-05

*Note in case of SKU 1 I use 2 as BIAS for everything with FCST 0*

When I graph this information with bins created with grouping I get this information:

image.png

Which is displaying the 14 rows shown in the highest granularity.

For the purpose of grouping the information I created a measure which returns the amount of grouped SKUs in the category:

CalcBIAS = 
VAR BinRange = GENERATESERIES ( -2, 2 , .1 )
Var TempTable =
ADDCOLUMNS(
    SUMMARIZE( 'BIAS (Baseline + FACT)', 'BIAS (Baseline + FACT)'[SKU] ),
    "BIAS", MIN(
        MAX(
            CALCULATE(
                DIVIDE(
                    SUMX(
                        'BIAS (Baseline + FACT)',
                        'BIAS (Baseline + FACT)'[FCST] - 'BIAS (Baseline + FACT)'[FACT]
                    ),
                    SUMX( 'BIAS (Baseline + FACT)', 'BIAS (Baseline + FACT)'[FCST] ),
                )
            )
        )
    )
)

Return
COUNTX(TempTable, [BIAS])

The result of the TempTable variable is a table which only has SKU and the grouped BIAS

However, when I try to place it in the same graph the result is this:

image.png

I get a very similar graph because it's "respecting" the grouping from the original table, so I have a single appearance of SKU 1, 4 SKU 2 and 4 SKU 3 (one for each calculated bin group).

My question is:

How can I change the the axis in my chart to be a series between -2 and 2 (in .1 increments) which doesn't save the original table's relation so I can group info?

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LABORSAL , I checked out there is no option for tick interval. You can only change the decimal places.

You can try few other Histogram option in custom charts

Refer if this can help for any other : https://spreadsheeto.com/power-bi-histogram/

Please Watch/Like/Share My webinar on Time Intelligence: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/PowerBI-Time-Intelligence-Calendar-WTD-Y...
My Youtube Tips at: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPaNVDMhUXGYrm5rm6ME6rjzKGSvT9Jmy

Appreciate your Kudos.

Current solution for that (which is what I believe is causing the split of groups) is to add a column to the main table

image.png

however if I use that column as axis it groups the SKU by bin from main table (which is what I explained in the graphs on original post)

I can recreate this column by adding a calculated column which does the same as the BIAS but rounds down to 1 decimal, however I have no idea how to use this calculated column in the measure for the axis.

Hi @LABORSAL ,

“I can recreate this column by adding a calculated column which does the same as the BIAS but rounds down to 1 decimal...”

Only methods like this are more effective.

"however I have no idea how to use this calculated column in the measure for the axis."

Measure cannot be added to the axis label, you can understand measure as a dynamic value, so you can only rebuild a calculated column.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.