Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchy modelling

Hi,

I've been given model like below(Pic 1) which enabled me to create a hierarchy in matrix using Names (titles) of each table like in pic 2 so i can expand and know what belongs to what. Hierarchy is working well and ID's are matching correctly.

1.jpg

2.JPG

Basically my problem is that i want to have second column (Values in matrix options) presenting 'State' attribute of each entity. State is a string. Is there any measure methods to do it? How should I approach this problem? Appending maybe? Rearrange model?

What do you think :)?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Hi @Zvikovich ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If one id match more then one parent_id?And if a parentid with more then one state?Also is it possible to place the state directly at the value position?

vluwangmsft_0-1659492038671.png

Could you pls share a sample data and expected output result(show in excel)?

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.