Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xarius
Helper I
Helper I

Hiding visual resets filter?

Hi all,

I have a few bar charts stacked on top of the other that all have different measures associated. Depending on which bookmark the user clicks I show the relevant bar chart and hide the others in the selection pane.

If I select a category on the currently visible bar chart it filters all the other visuals as I'd expect, however if I then change to a different bookmark (hiding the visual and showing a new one) that filter seems to be reset. Is what I should expect to happen?

I've already unticked data on the bookmarks tab for each bookmark and updated them but the same thing happens each time...

5 REPLIES 5
pangelidis
Regular Visitor

Any news regarding this? Still struggling.

kpost
Super User
Super User

Did you ever find the solution to this?  I have a nearly identical problem (matrices rather than bar charts) but the solution to your question is certainly the same as the solution to mine, and I have been unable to find a solution.

[Bump]

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, will have to test. To be clear, you don't want the filter to be reset, correct? I would think you would need the data checkbox checked for that...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Both OP and myself have the data box unchecked, and yet when the visual is hidden with a bookmark, the cross-filter action from the hidden visual seems to be resetting.

Yes I want to keep the whatever the user has selected as a filter for the visuals in the new bookmark.

My understanding of the data checkbox was that the bookmark would return all the data/filter settings to whatever was on the page at the time the bookmark was created or updated (by the developer), which is why I turned it off. It works that way for slicers at the very least.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.