Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SwathiBadveli
Helper I
Helper I

Hide a column in matrix

Hi All,

I have a requirement from user to hide a sub column because that column is repeated.

SwathiBadveli_0-1699939288706.png

In the above snip sum of benchmark column it should display only one for 1M period and not for all the periods,I hide the column by turning off the text wrap for column headers like below

SwathiBadveli_2-1699939782788.png

SwathiBadveli_3-1699940270295.png

Is there any other way than this to hide a column because when I am giving for each header diferent colors like above snip its appearance not good so could you please provide any other way how to acheive my scenario.

6 REPLIES 6
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @SwathiBadveli 
Please refer to the linked discussion:
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/hiding-columns-in-Matrix/m-p/544289

(second suggestion of @Pragati_Sharma  with the creating table and selectedvalue)

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi RItaf,

Thaks for solution, but for scenario its not working as expected because we are taking the columns from different tables.

Hi @SwathiBadveli 
I think that you still can create a table with wanted categories from both tables.

If you attach some dummy pix, I will try to create it

Anyway, there is no generic solution for this issue, so it can be or solution with creating a "third table" or with minimizing columns width like you did.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi,
Assume this my sample data

SwathiBadveli_0-1699954877802.png

and this is the new table I created 

SwathiBadveli_1-1699954954314.png

and this is the measure created

MV =
switch (
    true(),
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]) = "1M" && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column2]) = "MV",
CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[MV]),
Sheet1[Period]= "1M"),
  SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]) = "1M" && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column2]) = "Benchmark",
Sheet1[Period]= "1M"),

SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]) = "3M" && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column2]) = "MV",
Sheet1[Period]= "3M"),
SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]) = "6M" && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column2]) = "MV",
Sheet1[Period]= "6M"),
SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]) = "1Y" && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column2]) = "MV",
Sheet1[Period]= "1Y"),
SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]) = "3Y" && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column2]) = "MV",
Sheet1[Period]= "3Y")
)

and created relation b/w period and column many to many bi-directional.
SwathiBadveli_2-1699955142620.png

period for 1M not showing beacause for period IM it should display both MV and benchmark for remaining it should display only MV.

can you please save the PBIX on some drive and share the link?

Hi,I dont have access to share the link,Hope you understand my requirement so please can you provide a sample file with my requirement if possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.