Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with trend line data capture

Hello all. Im new here cause i hit the wall on something im trying to figure out.

I'm not so sure how to ask this clearly.

We are starting a project to make sure all windows endpoints are updated to the latest fearture pack (1903 for now). We have an endpoint management system with a SQL backend, so getting data is easy. Right now I just want to create a simple trend line that shows a daily count of the OS build numbers. so we can easily show/track progress being made in friendly graphs.

2020-03-19_12-25-00.png

I'm guessing i need some DAX to help grab the count/date for each day and write it to another table that can be used for the line graph, correct? 

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Can you share sample data and sample output.

Anonymous
Not applicable

so, i have a main query that pulls in all the endpoint data. this table is updated every day and the data does change from day to day.

what I would like to do is capture the countof OS Build Number and date, and i assume write it to a new table that tracks the date/build number/count - basically capturing the historical trend.

2020-03-19_13-59-18.png2020-03-19_14-03-53.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

i little more reference to what im looking for.

We are also still migrating endpoints from win7 to win10, I tracked the progress via PBI as well. 

but i was manually updating the table with counts and dates, so the graph showed progress. I just need a better/advance way to grab these trends

example:

2020-03-19_14-13-33.png2020-03-19_14-12-51.png

HI @Anonymous,

Perhaps you can do unpivot on your source table value fields, then you can simply compare between different value attributes:

Unpivot columns (Power Query) 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.