Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with combining dates

Hi All

Completely new to the forum so thanks in advance for any help you can give me. 

I'm trying to combine some dates and some fields together into the same report. Structure of data below.

2nd website launched (date) - ContactTable1

3rd website launched (date) - ContactTable1

4th website launched (date) - ContactTable2

I essentially want to group all those dates together as 'Redesign Date' and be able to control them all under a date slicer.

Then the following fields will make up the report. (essentially I need a count of the different UOP's within each field.

2nd Website UOP

3rd Website UOP

4th Website UOP 

all of these are in ContactTable4

I'm stumped, my knowledge is very basic, however.

can anyone help?

Thanks

Nick 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

You can create one calculated table as below:

Table = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
'TBL CONTACT'[ID],
'TBL CONTACT'[STATUS],
"DATE LAUNCHED",MAX(MAX(MAX('CONTACTABLE 1'[2ND WEBSITE LAUNCHED]),MAX('CONTACTABLE 1'[3RD WEBSITE LAUNCHED])),MAX('CONTACTABLE 2'[4TH WEBSITE LAUNCHED])),
"DATE ORDERED",MAX(MAX(MAX('TBL CONTACT'[2ND WEBSITE ORDERED]),MAX('CONTACTABLE 1'[3RD WEBSITE ORDERED])),MAX('CONTACTABLE 2'[4TH WEBSITE ORDERED])),
"UOP",MAX(MAX(MAX('CONTACTABLE 4'[2ND WEBSITE UOP]),MAX('CONTACTABLE 4'[3RD WEBSITE UOP])),MAX('CONTACTABLE 4'[4TH WEBSITE UOP])))

combine dates.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

One way is that you join them with a common date table. Those are in one table, only one can have active join. You can change join using userelation.

Refer : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Tough to say without a better sense of your source data and expected result.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg.

thank you for coming back to me. my source data is from SQL Server. The data I'm using is split over 5 tables, however, I only require 6 or 7 specific columns.  I want to amalgamate those dates so I essentially have 1 date column that contains all the data from 2nd, 3rd and 4th website launched. does that make sense? 

thanks

Nick 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Maybe we can deal with the source data first. Could you please provide the structures of these 5 tables in SQL Server? Which table these required columns are from? Please also provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data) and expected results just like the below screenshot. 

combine dates.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft thank you for your reply.

I have included 3 images below, current data relationships (all linked by ID number), proposed table (as per your screenshot) and a desired outcome on the report, I have done this already for 1st website data where there was only 1 date so it was straight forward. let me know if you need me to provide anything else.

thanks

Nick

data tables.pngDATA TABLE.PNGreport.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

You can create one calculated table as below:

Table = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
'TBL CONTACT'[ID],
'TBL CONTACT'[STATUS],
"DATE LAUNCHED",MAX(MAX(MAX('CONTACTABLE 1'[2ND WEBSITE LAUNCHED]),MAX('CONTACTABLE 1'[3RD WEBSITE LAUNCHED])),MAX('CONTACTABLE 2'[4TH WEBSITE LAUNCHED])),
"DATE ORDERED",MAX(MAX(MAX('TBL CONTACT'[2ND WEBSITE ORDERED]),MAX('CONTACTABLE 1'[3RD WEBSITE ORDERED])),MAX('CONTACTABLE 2'[4TH WEBSITE ORDERED])),
"UOP",MAX(MAX(MAX('CONTACTABLE 4'[2ND WEBSITE UOP]),MAX('CONTACTABLE 4'[3RD WEBSITE UOP])),MAX('CONTACTABLE 4'[4TH WEBSITE UOP])))

combine dates.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rena!!!

I can't thank you enough, that has worked and its exactly what I was after. thank you again.

I'm assuming that as new data is added to those columns my new table just automatically updates? 

thank you again, so much.

Nick 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.