Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with average percent changes between columns

Hi! I am having trouble creating a column showing the average percent change between 5 different column values. I am new to powerBI. So I am calculating the increment increase/decrease as ([Column1]/[Column2]-1) for subsequent columns and them dividing the sum of these increments by 5, since I have 5 different values. Somehow I am getting the right results for some rows but not for others. This is really annoying.

I am currently trying this: MediaCrescimentoDerivada5Dias = divide( (divide(vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+1];vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC])-1) + (divide(vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+2];vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+1])-1) + (divide(vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+3];vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+2])-1) + (divide(vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+4];vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+3])-1) + (divide(vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+5];vwPrevisaoParametros[DerivadaC+4])-1);5)

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , I am assuming you have done it for all the formula, try this also for all formula's

divide([Column1] -[Column2],[Column2],0)

If it does not work. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , use this

divide([Column1] -[Column2],[Column2])

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak  thanks for your answer! Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. Still showing correct results for some rows but incorrect ones for others.

@Anonymous , I am assuming you have done it for all the formula, try this also for all formula's

divide([Column1] -[Column2],[Column2],0)

If it does not work. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.