Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

vagelisgeo
Frequent Visitor

Help with a forecasting model based on average of each day in previous month

Hi, I am looking for some help in working out a forecast model based on the following information. It seems a complicated way of working it but it's how I have been asked to build it in.

For each remaining day of the current month, I have to use the average for the corresponding day(s) in the previous month and then add on the current month data to get the forecast.

For example if there was a Friday left in the July, I have to get the average of the Fridays in June, added to the days so far in the month to calculate the forecast for the month end. Similarly if there is a Thursday and Friday left in July, I get the average of June Thursdays and the average of June Fridays, this then gives me my forecast for Thursday and Friday in July, added to the MTD figures to give me the month end forecast. It doesnt matter if there is 1day or 29 days remaining, it would be the same format, previous month days average = remaining month days to then give a forecast of month end average.

Hope you are able to follow this, it's easy to put together in an excel spreadsheet, but unsure where to start in PowerBI.

Thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vagelisgeo

You may use AVERAGEX Function (DAX). Here is the reference for you.

https://www.daxpatterns.com/statistical-patterns/

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.