Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Help with a category move calculator in a membership

Hello

I need to make a calculator of movements of members of x organization or group.

I have a database with the following information:

-If each person is ready to move up or not. (it is a column where the person who can change category has the word yes or no)

-Total members each with individual identifier

- One category for each member

Example of what the database looks like

NumberIDCategoryYou can change category

Ana Gonzalez

21342Yes
Pedro Smith18081No

I need to make a matrix that presents me with a calculator of movements from one category to another which a part should look like this.

Categories MembersTotal members by categoryNumber of people ready to move upPeople new to the category

As you can see if I have 2 people ready to move up in category 1, that means that two new people will reach category 2 and so on.

The first three columns of my matrix are simple:

Column 1 places the category column as a row, column 2 is a measure that tells me the total number of database items and column 3 is a measure that counts and filters each person who can ascend and distributes everything to me according to category

The problem is presented in column 4, when creating a measure for "new people in the category" because I need that for each category how many new people will arrive from the previous category and it is not so easy to make that arrangement of data based on the category of column 1

Help please 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @VGDM18,

In fact, you table does not include any fields that can be used to analyze the new people in current group. I think this type of calculations require the historical data or add additional field to stores the target category that user will move to.

For matrix visual design, you can use Category on row fields, ID field with 'count' aggregate mode on value fields. Then you can write measure formula to count 'change category' field 'yes' value rows and use on value fields as ready to move users.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @VGDM18,

In fact, you table does not include any fields that can be used to analyze the new people in current group. I think this type of calculations require the historical data or add additional field to stores the target category that user will move to.

For matrix visual design, you can use Category on row fields, ID field with 'count' aggregate mode on value fields. Then you can write measure formula to count 'change category' field 'yes' value rows and use on value fields as ready to move users.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.