Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Connoisseur
Regular Visitor

Help with Date Hierarchy - Don't want to aggregate months and Instead want the last month Value

Hi Experts,

Thanks for taking time to read through this post. Much appreciated

I have got a date table ( Year - Quater - Month - Date Hierarchy).While using it in matrix visualization I am just using Year and Month as shown below

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 10.33.24 PM.png

Since headcount is in the value field, I dont want it to get aggregated rather I want the last available month value should get rolled up to year

For example: In the below I want 2017 to have 2 since the headcount in December is 2

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 10.36.25 PM.png

However I am getting 12, which is sum of all months value

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 10.39.10 PM.png

Please guide me , How can I show the value of the last available month of the particular year instead of aggregating all the months

Thanks and Regards,

Connoisseur

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Connoisseur ,

I don't know how you have you data setup in terms of dates (if there is a single value per date) but you should use a measure similar to this one:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Column1]);FILTER(ALL('Table'[date]);'Table'[date] = MAX('Table'[date])))

I'm picking up the values for the maximum date in the context of the measure in your case will pick up the maximum date in 2017 and return the sum of those values.

As refered don't know how your model is setup but if you have a line per each person you may need to make a count and change the filter for month insted of specific date.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.