Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

franorio
Helper III
Helper III

Help cracking the formula for new column

Hello everybody, 

I got a column called ¨Name¨ with the # of order, in this report an order has as many rows as produts the client bought. 

All information as subtotal, date of order, status, currency, etc is shown for all the items of the same order, in the first row of the first item.

Would like to create a new column in which the fulfillment status is shown for al items in all rows according to this first order row.

For example: this is how i got the information now:

fulfilled.PNG

this is how the new column should get the data for al items with the same # of order

to be.PNG

Any ideas to get this? Formulas, columns?

Should be for example something like if #12211 in Column: ''name'', has X status in Column: ''Fulfillment Status'', add new Column: ''All Status'' where all orders #12211 get the same status as ''Fulfillment Status''.

This should be done for aprox 30k rows

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danrmcallister
Resolver II
Resolver II

@franorio if it were me I'd just use the Fill Down function in Query Editory - select the column, go to the Transform tab, and select Fill Down.  Would something like that work?  Every time the query runs it'll dynamically update your data in PBI.

PBI Fill Down 1.jpgPBI Fill Down 2.jpg

Dan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danrmcallister
Resolver II
Resolver II

@franorio if it were me I'd just use the Fill Down function in Query Editory - select the column, go to the Transform tab, and select Fill Down.  Would something like that work?  Every time the query runs it'll dynamically update your data in PBI.

PBI Fill Down 1.jpgPBI Fill Down 2.jpg

Dan

Thanks @danrmcallister!!

Worked great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.