Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LilMurph
Frequent Visitor

Have card display blank when slicer has no value selected

Hi all,

I have a data set imported from an SQL Database. One of the columns provides Resource ID's (employee names). One of the sheets on my report is a dashboard which shows employee stats. I have a slicer set up for Resource ID so that when no-one is selected it shows the total stats, and when I select a name it shows me just their stats. 

The problem I am having is that I have placed a card at the top of the page poplated with resource ID so that when I select someone is shows their name, but when no-one is selected, it still shows the name at the top of the list. I want it so that when no-one is selected by the slicer it is just blank or says something like total. I can't manipulate the source data to add a name such as total and I can't figure out how to do it. 

Any help/advice would be greatly appricited.

Cheers
Murph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@LilMurph Write a measure for the display name and put that in the card.

Display Name = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Name Column],"" )

That will show an empty string if there is not a single selected value.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eva_t1984
Frequent Visitor

Hallo, 

I am trying to have my card blank as well when the slicer has no values selected. 

I am using the following formular: 

IF(ISFILTERED('Product Groups'[Product Group]), FIRSTNONBLANK('Product Groups'[Product Group Name], 'Product Groups'[Product Group Name]), "")

I want to show the name of the Department within the Card and it works, but it does not work with row-level-security. I read on Microsoft that isfiltered and some oder function do not work with RLS. 

Is there a workaround? 

Thank you,
Eva

I found a solution, I just added a _ALL Departments in my sharepoint list. And the card shows the first value on the list, when nothing is selected, which is the _ALL Deparment.

Thank you, Eva

Kumail
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hello @LilMurph 

Instead of just column name in the slicer for employee, you can use following

Calculate ( if( is blank(), "Total", [Column Name])

This will solve your issue.

Regards

Kumail Raza

If this answers your query, mark it as solution.

Kudos are appreciated.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@LilMurph Write a measure for the display name and put that in the card.

Display Name = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Name Column],"" )

That will show an empty string if there is not a single selected value.

Hi, How did you do this. I created a measure and when i drag and drop it, it does not work on the card filter on the visual option. Any solution to it? Below is the screenshot.

wajahathussain_0-1691784743988.png

This worked perfectly, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.