Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mastermixer
Frequent Visitor

HELP WITH TEXT FILTER ON DATA TABLE VISUALS

I have two large tables (about 40,000 rows and 170,000 rows) that I want to do a search on to display the rows it finds. The two tables have a ID Number that applies to both tables that I want to search and display results on both tables as per attached image. 

At first it seemed like it was working great but I began to find that the filters are not displaying random ID numbers in the search even though they exist in the data. I've tried multiple search filters addons such as OKVIZ and others, and they each seem to miss different ID numbers which is even more strange. Hopefully someone understands my issue and can help me solve. Thanks! 

mastermixer_0-1705115217140.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mastermixer ,

In the case of large datasets, Power BI may apply data reduction strategies. You may consider adjusting settings to increase the data load of the visual to ensure all ID numbers are searchable.
You can also try creating a simple table visual that only contains the "ID Number" column to see if the problem persists. This helps isolate the problem.

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mastermixer , Hope you have a common table for ID numbers. Or one of the tables is the master number for ID.

If not create a table with Distinct IDs from two tables. join with two tables and then use that in filter.

You can use Text filter for searching

Text Filter Slicer and how to search on Multiple columns: https://youtu.be/RbeZRJ3uAZE

Hello... yes I have created a distinct ID table to combine unique ID's from each table, and used a text filter. As I have said the text filter seems to work 95% of the time but it seems to not find some of the ID's and display the info. The ID that is missing is in both the original data and the Distinct ID Table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.