Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Resolver II
Resolver II

Grouping Columns.

Hi, When grouping data in the Query Editor, is it somehow possible to keep other columns in addition to the two default columns?  For example: I'm grouping a unique ID column and summing the sales column. But, I wish to also keep the date, shop location, product ID and Product dscripriptions columns also, but PBI discards these these and only give me two - the Unique ID and Sales. How would I get around this to also display the other columns?  Thx.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ddpl
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

4 REPLIES 4
ddpl
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@1001 

bin04.png

Sorry, My meaning is I don't wish to group other columns but merely 'display' (keep) them. Is this possible?

I'm thinking not.   Thx.

@1001 , 

Can you share sample dataset and expected result...?

Hi ddpl, my apologies, that actually worked perfectly. Many thnaks for pointing that out. Appreciate it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors