Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Group data on a report by ID but display description

Hello!

I have a bar chart on which I display the promo description of some products and a table where I use COUNTDISTINCT on the ID of that same promo. The problem is that the countdistict function counts 7 different ID's but the bar chart only shows 6 bars because one of the descriptions is duplicate (Different ID, same description).

Is there a way to display the description but grouping base on the ID (two bars with the same description).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could add ID into Legend to break down the bars. 

3.PNG

Or use expand to have a try.

(The result of this way is same as that Pragati11 suggests. We can't hide the ID name.)

4.PNG

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could add ID into Legend to break down the bars. 

3.PNG

Or use expand to have a try.

(The result of this way is same as that Pragati11 suggests. We can't hide the ID name.)

4.PNG

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, the first option is what I'm looking for, I added the ID as a Legend and turned it off and it looks exactly as it should.

Best regards,

Mijalis

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a concatenated column which is a combination of PROMO and ID columns as follows:

ConcatCalc = CONCATENATE([ID], CONCATENATE(":", [PROMO]))

Then use the above column as an axis on your bar-chart.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a good solution but not exactly what I'm looking for, the client doesn't want to see the ID, just the description. Than you very much!

Hi @Anonymous ,

I fear that this is not possible. Becasue logically if you think the axis will always show a unique value and a summarised figure agianst it on a bar chart.

I would suggest either to go with the above solutions or modify the names like - If there are 2 entries for a PROMO then may be rename those 2 entries as PROMO_1 & PROMO_2. Then show these 2 entries with same color as they are variants of same PROMO value.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.