Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

snandy2011
Helper IV
Helper IV

Getting Error : Attempted to read or write protected memory.

Hi,

I have been facing an error since one week,"Attempted to read or write protected memory.This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."  and not able to run any power Query.whenver i try to open any advance editor and try to write some code, it shows me the error and  whole power bi file is closed Up. Any solution how to solve this error.

I have searched on google, see lot of people getting  this problem and Power bi team are trying to fix this error.

Has  anyone received any solution ?

Please let me know.

Any suggesation is really appreciable.

Thanks,

Snandy

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @snandy2011,

Have you tried to update the Power BI desktop to the latest release to see if this problem can be fixed?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I have updated Power BI latest release from existing version   and also I have tried to install latest version of Power BI after uninstalling my current version numerous times.But, nothing has helped me.Power BI desktop is either automatically closed up  when I hit edit queries or reflects the above mentioned error when i click the advanced editor..

It is really frustating and annyoing me.and  now,i completely unintalled Power Bi desktop.

I dont understand, what wrong has happend with this version, suddenly  i have been facing this issue. I m really sorry, i posted this question one month before, but i was going through some personal porblem,so not able to show up the current situation of this power Bi desktop version.

Can any one tell me, what exactly has happend with that? Now my laptp is without power Bi desktop and I am working with power query on excel and this is really annyoing for me.

Please post some suggesations for this issues.

Thanks,

snandy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.