Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jasonyeung87
Helper V
Helper V

Get "We expected a property 'gap_value'" error when importing option sets created by "XRMToolbox"

Hi,

I'm using a tool named "XRMToolbox – The PowerBI Option-Set Assistant" to generate an entity which contains the labels of the option sets in Dynamics CRM. The url "https://www.infostrat.com/post/getting-option-set-data-in-power-bi-from-dynamics-365" contains the steps I'm taking.

After the entity is created, I use Power BI to import the records. Initially the records are imported correctly. However as I add more lookup items, eventually I'll get the following error:

We expected a property 'gap_value', but the OData service omitted it from the response data. This can occur for a number of
reasons and does not necessarily imply that the data does not exist or is of a default value.

I was wondering whether anyone has encountered this error while using entities created by "XRMToolbox – The PowerBI Option-Set Assistant"? The only thing I could think of is that the error may occur when I imported lookup items that are blank. (e.g. I have a lookup item named "new_relationshiptype" in the "leads" entity and for some records, this field is blank.)

Jason

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jasonyeung87 

I could not reproduce that issue with my test.

It is recommended to create a support ticket to to let engineers look into the issue on your side.Once you create a support ticket and get any workaround, please kindly share it here for reference.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors