Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newpbiuser01
Helper IV
Helper IV

Gateway Setup - Netezza and SharePoint List

Hello,

I have a report that's leveraging data from a Sharepoint list and Netezza. We already have a gateway configured for the Netezza source, so typically, I just select the gateway, apply it, and no credentials are required. With the sharepoint list, when I select the gateway for my netezza source, the "Apply" option is still greyed out.

newpbiuser01_2-1673620967604.png

I then try to check the credentials and for the Sharepoint List, I added the credentials and everything seems to be fine. However, adding my credentials to the netezza source does nothing and stay on the following screen:

newpbiuser01_1-1673620884682.png

Would anyone know how to configure the gateway for the netezza source when you have a sharepoint list? I dont have this issue when I have data from Netezza or just from Sharepoint, its when I have both, that I'm unable to set it up and without this, I can't refresh the data in my report. 

I'd really appreciate any help! 

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Looks like you are merging these sources in Power Query. Try not to do that, instead link them in the data model.  That way you don't need to declare the sharepoint list connection in the gateway.

Another consideration is to skip the connection test for Netezza if you are confident that the credentials are correct.

Hi @lbendlin,

I am not merging the tables in Power Query, or even linking them in the data model. I just use the measure to get the value I need from the netezza table and then perform a calculation within the measure. Both the tables are completely unrelated.  

I tried refreshing my data without testing the credentials, but I get the error saying one of the data source is missing credentials. When I put my credentials, it wont throw an error or connect, just gets stuck. It won't let me set the gateway, or accept my credentials 😞 

You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.