Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Flitering based on selections in multiple charts

Hello friends,

I have two bar charts (SalesByProducts and SalesByMonths) and a table showing my sales.

I would like to click on a specific product bar in the SalesByProducts bar-chart and then on a specific month bar in the SalesByMonths chart so that my table will be filtered by BOTH Product AND Month.

Unfortunately, after selecting a product, when I click on a month bar - it CANCELES the selection of a product.

So it is either some Product OR some Month, not both.

I've played with different interaction types - doesn't help.

And I don't want to use slicers in addition to charts - not good to show the data twice.

How do you solve this?

Thanks a lot!

Michael

Capture.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, we can click on the bar in  bar chart to highlight corresponding  value in column chart, then click on the highlighted column to filter checked bar in bar chart. Please download the attached sample to test in your environment.

1.  Click on bar "a" in bar chart.

w1.PNGw2.PNG

2.  Click on column "July" in column chart.

w3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Qiuyun Yu,

Maybe it is working because you have a "Highlight" relations, I need to Filter all the data

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael

Hi @Anonymous,

Thought set interaction as filter instead of highlight, it also works fine. See attached .pbix file.

I guess there might be some settings in your report cause the issue. Would you please share .pbix for our analysis?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for the file - I see why you don't see the issue...

In your model - in each month there is only one product sold...

I slightly changed your model - added product c each month - please see attached.

So if you choose product c on the left chart and then click on February on the right chart - then you'll see that the "c product" selection was canceled and now you see both c AND b products on the left chart.

Also the tables show 116 for b and 99 for c. together - 215

What I want - is that it will remember ALL my selection.

After selecting product C and then clicking on February - I want the tables to show just 99 for c.

ps. I cannot find an option to attach the file, but if you just replace your query with this one - you will see it:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("bdG7DoMgFAbgd3F28AIoY5Omg4nt0NE4oKWXxKqh0qRvX1Bp4cjAwBfO4T9QVcFuFI8uCIOLWigN6tClLHGoVYvSheRNvia1b3RltjWau6Zr4yiecc9b/my4UHTV5cSnNIW6tIhmPvBGSCY+62155tOEQrUmKFi/ItMZfEgQQDtBITtzLiZQUmyLPXshe27mjqCQ1BYrbMlEezed8IbyZHtqva9kOoFuhwmAXxUc7Ti8zZvPhdinGYJq5T2107Dg5Z/YRYQA2qnPfJzcb/ey/vb6Cw==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Month = _t, #"Product " = _t, Sales = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Month", type text}, {"Product ", type text}, {"Sales", Int64.Type}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Did you get to see what I mean, by a chance?

This feature is sooo missing and I have to put more unneccesary slicers on my reports instead of just letting the users click on the existing charts

Thank

Michael

Thiyags
Helper II
Helper II

Can you attach the dataset. or give a sample data 

It seems, the Power Bi does not have that option till now. 

please vote it and add your comments in the following idea

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/6709520-drill-down-should-drill-or-cros...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.