Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aman-K
Helper III
Helper III

Find Average handle time per ticket and Closure rate

Hi All,

I am recently started using Power BI and have managed to build some useful reports . The data in my Power BI desktop is coming from Jira and I have used Rest API's for the integration .

I have to build 2 new reports as below ( It's basically for 2 users in the team who are handling tickets with quite high velocity and we need to get details on how they are doing) 

1. What the average handle time per ticket is (i.e. total time worked on tickets / no. of tickets handled)

2. What their closure rate is (i.e. No. of tickets closed / no. of tickets handled)

Can anyone please help me how to acheive this?

My Data table for helpdesk tickets looks like below:

IssueIDResolutionDescResolutionNameIssueTypeRAGProjectFundingOrNoAggregateTimeSpentWorkratioReporterNameIsReporterActiveWatchCountIsWatchingImpact(L/M/H)UpdateDatePriorityNamePriority.IdIssueDateCreatedIssueTimeCreatedAssigneeNameDueDateStatusStatus.IdStatusCategoryKeyStatusCategoryColorNameStatusCategoryNameissues.fields.aggregatetimeestimateCreatorNameIsCreatorActiveTicketTypeIssueTimeSpentissues.fields.customfield_10311.valueResolutionDateResolutionTimeissues.fields.customfield_10006
7Work has been completed on this issue.DoneService Request Project Funding -1Salo, SabrinaTrue1False 2023-04-26T09:59:02.000+0100High2################Pilana Withanage, Gihan Kanishka########Closed3donegreenDone Salo, SabrinaTrueRequirement Low26-Apr-23############# 
13Work has been completed on this issue.DoneService Request No Funding Required -1Overton, PhilipTrue1False 2023-04-25T09:13:37.000+0100Medium3################Percy, Jonathon Closed3donegreenDone Overton, PhilipTrueRequirement Low25-Apr-23############# 
17Work has been completed on this issue.DoneService Request No Funding -1Orr, GillianTrue1False 2023-04-24T12:04:33.000+0100Highest10200################Pilana Withanage, Gihan Kanishka########Closed3donegreenDone Orr, GillianTrueRequirement Low24-Apr-23############# 
19Work has been completed on this issue.DoneService Request No Funding -1O'Shea, ConorTrue2False 2023-04-26T10:56:34.000+0100High2################Akbar, Nasir########Closed3donegreenDone O'Shea, ConorTrueRequirement Low26-Apr-23############# 
20Work has been completed on this issue.DoneService Request No Funding Required -1Houston, ScottTrue0False 2023-04-24T09:08:46.000+0100Medium3################Mason, Robin Benjamin Closed3donegreenDone Houston, ScottTrueRequirement Low24-Apr-23############# 
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Aman-K , Please check the file Avg Duartion, Terminated employee and current employee measure are very similar to what you need

Power BI: HR Analytics - Employees as on Date : https://youtu.be/e6Y-l_JtCq4
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

I'm still stuck at this . I have managed to create a new column named "Total Resolution Days" in my table . Total Resolution Days counts number of days it tool to resolve each ticket . I just need to add a formula in my graph that will divide Total Resolution Days by total number of tickets to find out the average handle time . 

In my data visualization , I can have count of tickets . Total Resolution Days is already in the tebla so how can I divide and get the results . 

Thanks for your help so far. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.