Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

garzjnc
Regular Visitor

Filters

Hi all,

I need help with creating filters in PowerBi that only apply to future dates. The filter will filter out certain appointment types for 2024 and on. I don't want the numbers to change for the historical data. Any help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @garzjnc ,

If I understand correctly, the issue is that you want to filter the future dates. Please try the following methods and check if they can solve your problem:

1.Create a calculated column to classify each date as either a future date or not. Enter the following DAX formula.

IsFutureDate = IF([DateField] >= DATE(2024, 1, 1), TRUE, FALSE)

2.Create a column to exclude the appointment types.

ExcludeAppointmentType = IF([AppointmentType] IN {"Type1", "Type2"}, TRUE, FALSE)

3.Add both IsFutureDate and Exclude columns to the filters pane.

4.For IsFutureDate, set the filter to show items when the value is true. For Exclude, set the filter to show items when the value is false.

5.Applying the filters.

If the above ones can’t help you get it working, could you please provide more raw data(exclude sensitive data) with Text format to make a deep troubleshooting? It would be helpful to find out the solution.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.