Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gree1502
Helper II
Helper II

Filtering table

Hi,

I have a column called "ID" with unique values. A bar chart using this column shows count of ID.

Also I have a table representing all the values of the ID.

I am applying a visual filter on bar chart. What I need is that, the table also filters based on bar chart.

I have used edit interactions after reading articles which says it is possible. When I use page level filter it works.

But I don't want to use page level as it affects other bar graphs. Can I do it using visual filter?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Seems like because you don't have any field on Axis, you cannot cross filter. Do one thing,

drop A field on Axis on Count of A Graph

drop B field on Axis  on Count of B Graph

drop C field on Axis on Count of C Graph

and then try....

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you don't want to use the Page Level Filter you have to add the same Visual Level Filter to each Visual you want affected!

OR

Use a Slicer and Edit the Interactions to limit the Slicer to only affect the Visuals you choose! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the response.

I cannot go with second option because, I have 5 bar graphs and if I click on each bar graph, the table should be updated.

I did the 1st option, but it isn't working. 

What could be the possible problems?

Thanks

When you say it is not working, wat does that mean?

Here is what I understood, you have 5 bar graphs and a table from same dataset, logically when you select any of the bar from a graph, it will cross filter other graphs and table assuming interaction is enabled between visuals. Is this working as expected? 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

The requirement is different. Sorry for the confusion.

There are 5 bar graphs, with just one bar representing count. When I click one bar from the a particular bar graph, it should update the table independent of other bar graphs. 

The cross filter is only between table and one bar graph.

Is that possible?

Thanks

I'm still lost. Can you help me understand if data source for all the tables/bar graphs on your report is same. Also can you put some screen shot to help it understand better. As much as I (everyone) like to help you but I'm having hard time understanding the requirement. Sorry , it must be me.

Thank you for following up.

Sorry for the confusion again.

Below is the screenshot.

There are 3 bar graphs for eg:

All three representing count. Each of these bar graphs which increases/ decreases the count based on

a filter which I think is irrelevant here.

For now let us think the count is static on the bar graph.

If I click on the any one the bar graph, the table should filter and show only those particular ID's.

Capture.PNG

Eg: If I click on graph A, the count is 25. The table should only 25 values.

I have seen that edit interactions should work for this type of requirement, but it isn't working.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

All the data is from the same table.

Thanks

This is helpful. We are on the same page now.

Assuming, there is no filter at this point, what happens when you click "Count of A" bar? 

When I click the bar of A, the table should filter and show corresponding 25 ID's.

But the table seems to have no effect when I click on the bar (I am using edit interactions currently).

I don't know where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Thank you so much. Its working:)

Axis thing helped me!

But can you please brief me on the reason to drop the count on axis?

Thanks again

Seems like because you don't have any field on Axis, you cannot cross filter. Do one thing,

drop A field on Axis on Count of A Graph

drop B field on Axis  on Count of B Graph

drop C field on Axis on Count of C Graph

and then try....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.