Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Juan_AL
Frequent Visitor

Filtering from a diferent visual

Hello Everyone,
i have built a report but cant manage to figure how to do one last thins, having a "secondary" visual also filter the all visuals

Juan_AL_0-1678993009776.png

in this report everything works when i click the Horizontal Bars, but if i would like to see what belongs on the "aged" or " Quality code" buckets when clicking on them it wont filter the other, how can i make this happen?
inittial thought was to create a refferance table since the aged and on hand are feeding from the same table

Juan_AL_1-1678993252042.png

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
andhiii079845
Super User
Super User

THe columns from the Horizontal Bars are from which table? And which table will be filtered, wenn you click on it.

It do not see which table is used in the different visuals.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

From the Inventory Focus, i was planning and tried making a referance table just pulling the "aged" and some sonstants such as "Variety" but it wouldnt work

Juan_AL_0-1678998532734.png

Juan_AL_1-1678998569093.png

Juan_AL_2-1678998583418.png

tried making a bi directional but no luck at all

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

It looks like you want to be able to filter your dimension tables from selecting from the fact table, which you can do using bidirectional relationships. Be aware this can affect report performance:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/relationships-bidirectional-filtering#slicer-ite...

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Sorry to bother but it wont help much, or i just dont get it, is it possible to make a measure and tie it to the visual.... but on the backend to hold information of the other columns?

Figures its not working since the visual doesnt hold the "Variety" info on it

will check this out

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.