Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darko861
Resolver II
Resolver II

Filtering Matrix by slicer

Hi community,

I'm trying to filter the matrix based on a filter condition set by a slicer.

darko861_0-1685457501362.png

So, if I choose greater than or equal to 80% the matrix should only display the rows that are >=80%. The matrix must also have the correct totals. I created a measure (Revenue Display) that only displays rows >=80% of the Revenue on a company level (FTG):

darko861_1-1685457769203.png

As you see it does give me the correct totals on the company level (FTG) but if you expand FTG 164 you will notice that only 2290 is displayed and not 3096 as the GM % on this level is only 70%.

darko861_2-1685458543489.png

But is there a way to still display both 2290 and 3096 so that the user can see that it sums up to 5386? The same way of thinking should also be applied to the other levels. 

The filter condition >=80% should only be applied on the company-level FTG but when expanding the rows the user should always be able to calculate all rows so that it adds up to 5386 as displayed by the measure Revenue in the matrix regardless of how the percentage distribution (GM %) looks at the other levels.

Here is my sample file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/okjemos34qt29a7/DataTest_Totals.pbix?dl=0

Your help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
darko861
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

One way of doing it might be to create two measures like this:

Rev6 = SWITCH(TRUE(),ISFILTERED(DimAccounts[Subheader])||ISFILTERED(DimAccounts[Subheader2])||ISFILTERED(DimDate[Month-Year]),[Revenue],[Revenue Display])

Rev7 = SWITCH(TRUE(),ISINSCOPE(DimAccounts[Subheader])||ISINSCOPE(DimAccounts[Subheader2])||ISINSCOPE(DimDate[Month-Year]),[Revenue],[Revenue Display])

Both measures give the correct results. I will use Isinscope.
Do you think this is the most efficient way?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
darko861
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

One way of doing it might be to create two measures like this:

Rev6 = SWITCH(TRUE(),ISFILTERED(DimAccounts[Subheader])||ISFILTERED(DimAccounts[Subheader2])||ISFILTERED(DimDate[Month-Year]),[Revenue],[Revenue Display])

Rev7 = SWITCH(TRUE(),ISINSCOPE(DimAccounts[Subheader])||ISINSCOPE(DimAccounts[Subheader2])||ISINSCOPE(DimDate[Month-Year]),[Revenue],[Revenue Display])

Both measures give the correct results. I will use Isinscope.
Do you think this is the most efficient way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.