Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hussein_c
Regular Visitor

Filtering 2 tables

test.pngI have 2 tables in power bi as you can see in the screenshot. the first table has column asset and data points, and the second also has these 2 plus a dashboard name column. when i choose a specific asset from the first table, the second table also filters according to that asset. for example, if i choose chiller from table 1, table 2 will filter to display chiller as well. as for the data points and required points, when i choose a data point from table 1, it wouldn't display the same data point in table 2, because in table 2, the row contains multiple data points, but i want when i choose 1 point from table 1, to show the row that contains that point, even if it's with another point. how can i do it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yes i made the relation between both tables with asset. the solution here is to create a dax measure that passes in the column "required points" and checks the strings in it if they match the column "data points". here's the dax query:

Filter Measure =
VAR SelectedDataPoint = SELECTEDVALUE('Automated'[Data Points])
RETURN
SUMX(
            'Dashboard Selection Updated',
            IF(

CONTAINSSTRING('Dashboard Selection Updated'[Required points], SelectedDataPoint),

)

)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @hussein_c 
Make sure you have proper relationship with above 2 tables.

I hope I answered your question!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

yes i made the relation between both tables with asset. the solution here is to create a dax measure that passes in the column "required points" and checks the strings in it if they match the column "data points". here's the dax query:

Filter Measure =
VAR SelectedDataPoint = SELECTEDVALUE('Automated'[Data Points])
RETURN
SUMX(
            'Dashboard Selection Updated',
            IF(

CONTAINSSTRING('Dashboard Selection Updated'[Required points], SelectedDataPoint),

)

)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.