Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataSkills
Helper II
Helper II

Filter to remove blanks doesn't work

Hi, 

I have a table of patients with Patient.ID. I then have a table of medical assessments done on said patients. I want to know which patients have NOT had a specific assessment done. 

The relationship is between Patient.Id (one) to Assessment.PatientID (many). 

If I create a table visual of Patient.Id and sum of Assessment.score, I get the following, which shows some patients with a blank score. These blank score patients are the ones I want to isolate and display. 

DataSkills_0-1683133480002.png

I thought this would simply be a case of placing a filter on the visual where score is blank. 

DataSkills_1-1683133521615.png

However, when I do that, it has no impact on the visual, other than making all the scores blank as per the image below. 

DataSkills_2-1683133560813.png

I am a bit stumped as to why this behaviour is happening and an answer on how to achieve the desired result which is to display only those patients who have not had the assessment (eg 20914, 20919, 20922, 20923 etc). 

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DataSkills , I think you need is not blank

Hi @amitchandak thanks for that suggestion, but changing the filter to is not blank doesn't help. 

The result after applying the is not blank filter to the scores field is:

DataSkills_0-1683143426212.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.