Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CLG1024
Frequent Visitor

Filter rows of a matrix to match another sliced matrix

I have two matrix visuals that are built from the same table, but the values in the second matrix are a measure. The rows are the same in both matrices - a list of people. I currently am using a slicer to filter the first matrix to show only the data in the table that matches the slicer value (basic). What I want is to use the resulting list of people (rows) in the first matrix to then filter the second matrix. I can't use the slicer due to the values being a measure (it blanks the matrix because the chosen value does not apply to every row for a given person).

ex. Unfiltered:

Matrix 1

MondayTuesdayWednesday

John

Judy655
Terry829
Tanya428

Matrix 2

MondayTuesdayWednesday

John

14%50%6%
Judy65%87%40%
Terry2%10%25%
Tanya78%6%17%

Desired State when applying slicer to Matrix 1 for an arbitrary condition on the values which both John and Judy meet:

Matrix 1

MondayTuesdayWednesday

John

Judy323

Matrix 2

MondayTuesdayWednesday

John

14%50%6%
Judy65%87%40%

So Matrix 1 gets sliced and Matrix 2 only reflects the people that are shown in Matrix 1 (no change to the actual data).

Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CLG1024 , both need to be filtered using a common slicer or independent slicer, Need to understand % calculation to give a solution

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

The sample data is in my question. The %calculation doesn't matter because I don't want to filter any data out of the second matrix, I just want to keep the lines where the people match the people in the first matrix. So ideally I'd pick my value from a slicer to filter Matrix 1, then *something* gets the list of people from the resulting Matrix 1 and filters Matrix 2 to match that group of people. I currently have independent slicers for the two Matrices to do this but my user feedback is that this is unacceptable. They want to be able to control the whole page with one slicer. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.