Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

motyotyotyo
Frequent Visitor

Filter different record in one column

Hey all,

I am trying to create a new filter for my dashboard. There is a column inwhich one entity can have multiple types. So in power query I created a table inwhich every entity's type is in a different line. After using relationships I was able to connect the table on the dashboard and the table which has every entities different type. For some reason some of the times this works, but sometimes not. One of the issue is that the filter is on but the dashboard doesn't change to that part or filter works in the dashboard, but the table which is for the filter has more options if I search for myself.

Any ideas are more than welcomed,

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So the solution was to refresh the table and it worked. But for furture readers. You have to create an extra table where you create a row for each search option for a record. For example apple has the release column P2 (P3). Here you create 2 rows where there are an apple P2 and apple P3. Then you create a relationship between these 2 tables and now you can use them as filters.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @motyotyotyo ,

You can use Slicer in Power BI.

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yangliu-msft 

Unfortunately it is not good, as I have 2 information in one column. For example I have this record : P2 (P3) .

And I want this record to show up in P2 search and P3 search as well. I have created a table where there is list of record which P-s have it.

So the solution was to refresh the table and it worked. But for furture readers. You have to create an extra table where you create a row for each search option for a record. For example apple has the release column P2 (P3). Here you create 2 rows where there are an apple P2 and apple P3. Then you create a relationship between these 2 tables and now you can use them as filters.

motyotyotyo
Frequent Visitor

Or maybe if you how to create a filter which would work like in excel. If the record contains it then it would show up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.