Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arimoldi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filled Map with Region/City

Hi All,

I have a filled map with a list of countries and a related measure, the problem is that for a specific region I have the values splitted by cities, and I should show this view in the filled map.

Example of data set:

arimoldi_0-1682614333608.png

In this example I should show the Italy country splitted into 2 parts, for example one north part related to Milan and one south part related to Rome.

Isi it possible? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrea

6 REPLIES 6
Sivakumar_H
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @arimoldi 

You are on right path!
But you have to make a column datatype as State or Province.
The Sample Dataset you have highlighted two different region in Italy, If you want whole area should be shaded then you have to mention that too like Italy - xx, Italy - xxx, Italy - xxxx and Italy - yy, Italy - yyy, Italy - yyyy etc.,

Sivakumar_H_0-1682671190115.png

Thanks for the hint!

With the "City" categorization the map recognized correctly the two cities, but now I have to undertstand how to show in the same map both cities and countries; I have tried to put both in the Location, but it shows only the top one:

arimoldi_0-1682675514938.png

Any suggestion? 🙂 

@arimoldi 
There is no straight forward!
You can achieve both Country and City values in adjacent filled map which cross filter through one map to another, As far as I seen PBI doesn't show hierarchy in a single filled map, But you can also drill down to split the values.
Cross Filter:

Sivakumar_H_0-1682677435859.png

Hierarchy:

Sivakumar_H_3-1682677543014.png

Sivakumar_H_6-1682677604978.png

Hi,

at the moment the only way to figure it out is to use the hierarchy, even if is not user friendly to navigate the map since you have to expand the levels just for the countries that are splitted into regions/cities.

Thanks,

Andrea

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@arimoldi , I doubt that is possible in filled map, unless you have separate location and have map at location level

Thanks for the reply!

The idea is to have something like this (ie italy):

arimoldi_0-1682667111663.png

Any idea?

Thanks,

Andrea

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.