Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hoangDAO81
Regular Visitor

Fill down all matched value same year

Hi, i am new to Power Bi, i have some problems when i try to compare value to base year, the table kind of like this 

Total E

IDParaYearDataBaseyearEnergy consumption BY
AEnergy comsumption20182002018 
AEnergy comsumption20193002018 
AEnergy comsumption20204002018 
BEnergy comsumption2019 2019 
BEnergy comsumption2020 2019 
CEnergy comsumption2019 2019 

I tried sameperiodlastyear but it not apply to difference base year, also i need a measure to check base year and return value as base year value. 
Energy consumption BY = CALCULATE([Energy comsumption],'Total E'[Baseyear] = 'Total E'[Year])

Then it return only matched value

YearEnergy comsumptionEnrgy consumption BY

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hoangDAO81 ,

Is it necessary to compare [ENERGY CONSUMPTION BY] under the same ID? If so, try this measure:

Energy consumption BY = 
VAR _base_year = SELECTEDVALUE('Total E'[Baseyear])
VAR _result = CALCULATE([Energy comsumption], 'Total E'[Year]=_base_year)
RETURN
_result

vcgaomsft_0-1706493414452.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hoangDAO81 ,

Is it necessary to compare [ENERGY CONSUMPTION BY] under the same ID? If so, try this measure:

Energy consumption BY = 
VAR _base_year = SELECTEDVALUE('Total E'[Baseyear])
VAR _result = CALCULATE([Energy comsumption], 'Total E'[Year]=_base_year)
RETURN
_result

vcgaomsft_0-1706493414452.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Dear Gao,

This is close with what i need but the values are not show as your table, they only show year 2018, can you refine some of your DAX. Thank you!

Hi @hoangDAO81 ,

Both [ID] and [Year] fields need to be placed in the table visual.

vcgaomsft_0-1706504939182.png

Grouping by year only will result in multiple Base Years corresponding to Years. Or is there some other unspecified calculation logic?

vcgaomsft_1-1706505406901.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hoangDAO81 , First all all have separate Year/Date table and join back with date or year and then have measures like

//Only year vs Year, not a level below

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

Fixed Base year

Base  Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=2018 ))

or

This Year =

Var _min = minx(allselected(Date), Date[Year])

return

CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=_min ))

Power BI — Year on Year with or Without Time Intelligence
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-ytd-questions-time-intelligence-1-5-e3174b39f38a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km41KfM_0uA

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.