Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anjali_s_k
Regular Visitor

Failure in connecting with Oracle Database

Hi Folks,

I am new to PowerBi and hope to get my error sorted out here:)

I am trying to get connected to oracle database but encountering the attached error. I am getting the required tables in Model option but its failing to transform the data.

Any quick help will be appreciated! 

Anjali_s_k_0-1685959721187.png

2 REPLIES 2
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anjali_s_k ,

There are a few potential causes for the "Cannot Load Model" error message in Power BI. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Make sure you are connected to the internet and that your connection is stable. Power BI relies on an internet connection to access and load data from data sources.
  • Check the data source: Make sure the data source for your model is still available and that you have the correct permissions to access it. You can try connecting to the data source directly to see if there are any issues.
  • Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest version of Power BI and that your data sources and connectors are up to date.
  • Restart Power BI: Try closing and reopening Power BI to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Clear the cache: In Power BI, go to the File menu and select Options and settings > Options > Privacy > Clear cache. This will clear the cache and reset any temporary data that may be causing the issue.
  • Repair or reinstall Power BI: If none of the above steps work, you may need to repair or reinstall Power BI. To do this, go to the Control Panel and select Programs > Programs and Features. Find Power BI in the list of installed programs and select it, then click the Repair button. If that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling Power BI.

You can follow this link to connect oracle database to powerbi
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-connect-oracle-database
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @pratyashasamal 

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I have tried all of the above things but its not working out:(

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.