Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tanehome1
Frequent Visitor

Failed to use the selected gateway. Please make sure the gateway is up and running and try again

I tried to connect the dataset of "R script" to the gateway (use personal mode), but is not successful and found the message. 

I checked the datasets and gateways status and all is online.  Please kindly assist.  thanks.1.png2.png3.png4.png

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

From the screenshot it looks like you are already connected to the Personal Gateway. That gateway also needs to have a connection definition for the SQL data source.

Ignore the Enterprise gateways, they are not applicable to your scenario.

i've deleted the enterprise gateway and still can't add the connection to personal gateway even when try to create a new connection (not showing the personal gateway to can select) in "gateway cluster name"5.png6.png

not sure. If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi
Otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

Hi All,

Regarding, the gateway finally Microsoft has replied my ticket as this option not available now and may be added next releases (reply below)

(We informed you that, according to the below documentation, R and Python scripts only work with the personal mode gateway. However, in the personal mode gateway, we cannot refresh two data sources simultaneously. You asked if it is possible to use the enterprise gateway for the R script, but unfortunately, it is not supported. We provided you with an idea forum where you can raise this suggestion.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.