Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thibbos
Resolver I
Resolver I

FILTERS not filtering based on available data

Dear all,

I have a report consisting of:

- A date sheet maintained from 2016 till 2023 (for historical and future maintenance perspective)

- A fact table containing dates from 2019-2021

Relationship has been established. The report is just a list of rows that needs to be reported. THERE ARE NO MEASURES INVOLVED AT ALL !

Unfortunately, since a few updates of PBI, my FILTER containing the YEAR (from DateSheet Table) is not filtered himself by the available data of the fact table.

In other words, my YEAR filter in my report is showing all years from 2016 till 2023.

I would expect him to show only 2019-2021 based on fact table.

Anyone any idea how to fix this,

Thanks a lot,

Thibbos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @thibbos 

You are able to make interactions between different visuals or use slicer to filter visuals. But it is not possible to use visuals to filter slicer.

The workaround is that you manually check the year of the slicer from 2019 to 2021, or use the year of the fact table as the slicer instead of the year of the dimension table.

For reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Slicer-not-responding-to-row-selection/idi-p/527914

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @thibbos 

You are able to make interactions between different visuals or use slicer to filter visuals. But it is not possible to use visuals to filter slicer.

The workaround is that you manually check the year of the slicer from 2019 to 2021, or use the year of the fact table as the slicer instead of the year of the dimension table.

For reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Slicer-not-responding-to-row-selection/idi-p/527914

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-angzheng-msft i don't know what happens but I did reply .... not visible though.

My answer was: i fixed it in kind of a same workaround .... but i am still not sure that's the behaviour I was expecting. I tried to put my relationship in both directions, which would work if i actually only had one table, but i have many more. Anyway i did use something similar.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@thibbos , Either join is missing or inactive.

Or

You have created a measure with +0  , remove that. Or handled isblank

Or in viusal you have used "Show Item with No Data", disable that

ShowItemwithoutdata.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.