Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

maxcodes

FAQ Page

Hi,

I'm wanting to create a FAQ page on my reports. A such, I have a few questions that I've spent a considerable amount of time Googling but haven't found an answer:

1. Is it possible to include a downloadable PDF in any of the reports? I'm not talking about exporting a report, but having a button or something similar a user can click on to download a PDF that contains information on the data set? If not, how are most folks handling FAQs for users?

2. Is there anyway to allow users to "ask questions" and have those questions captured in a table? The idea here is to allow users of our various reports to ask questions on those reports, have those questions captured in a SQL Server table in the backend, and then allow developers to respond with answers to those questions (one-to-one relationship) and then have a sort of question/answer page that users can view to see all questions and their answers.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
hircinelol
Regular Visitor

Hi @maxcodes ,

1) What kind of information you want to download?

2) You may take a look at Q&A feature.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-tutorial-q-and-a?tabs=powerbi-desk... .

Best Regards.

MisterFry
Resolver III
Resolver III

If you can host your pdf on a sharepoint, or other web-accessable platform, in your Power BI report you can use the 'insert' menu to insert a button, and set the 'Action' to 'Web URL', and reference your hosted document. 

For your second question, if your report is published, in the top right of the interface there is a little speech bubble under your user icon/picture. You can create any comments you want here, and potentially @ people to get their attention. This is the closest I can think of to the behaviour you're describing. Anyone with access can scroll through the comments. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.