Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power_BI_Adapt
Resolver I
Resolver I

Expand measure with exclusion of some entries

Dear All,

I have written the following measure:

Number of delivery customer numbers =
VAR _SummTable =
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Tbl_Sales', 'Tbl_customer'[Deliverycustnr] )
VAR Result =
    SUMX ( _SummTable, 1 )      
RETURN
    Result

The result is showing the total number of delivery customer numbers for a customer. The table 'Tbl_customer' also contains a field called  'deliverycustname' (Tbl_customer'[deliverycustname]. Some exceptions for the description exist. In addition to the normal descriptions, it gives three type of descriptions which I want to exclude from the result in the measure. My question is how I can add these exclusion to the measure? The three types of descriptions are:

* Descriptions starting with PP_
* Descriptions starting with BX_
* Descriptions starting with PD_

Delivery customer numbers with such descriptions of delivery name should be excluded from the count in the measure. 

A simplified table situation to illustrate:

Power_BI_Adapt_0-1694423119820.png

The current measure does count 5 different delivery customer numbers. In the new situation three records should be excluded, so the final result of the new measure should be 2 different delivery customer numbers.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion to improve the measure. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Power_BI_Adapt ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

count1 =
var _table1=
FILTER(
    'Tbl_customer',       SEARCH("PP_",'Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],1,BLANK())=1&&CONTAINSSTRING('Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],"PP_")=TRUE() ||       SEARCH("BX_",'Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],1,BLANK())=1&&CONTAINSSTRING('Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],"BX_")=TRUE() ||    SEARCH("PD_",'Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],1,BLANK())=1&&CONTAINSSTRING('Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],"PD_")=TRUE() )
return
IF(
    MAX('Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname]) in SELECTCOLUMNS(_table1,"flag",[Deliveryname]),0,1)
count2 =
SUMX(ALL(Tbl_customer),[count1])

2. Result:

vyangliumsft_0-1694587042988.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Power_BI_Adapt ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

count1 =
var _table1=
FILTER(
    'Tbl_customer',       SEARCH("PP_",'Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],1,BLANK())=1&&CONTAINSSTRING('Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],"PP_")=TRUE() ||       SEARCH("BX_",'Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],1,BLANK())=1&&CONTAINSSTRING('Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],"BX_")=TRUE() ||    SEARCH("PD_",'Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],1,BLANK())=1&&CONTAINSSTRING('Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname],"PD_")=TRUE() )
return
IF(
    MAX('Tbl_customer'[Deliveryname]) in SELECTCOLUMNS(_table1,"flag",[Deliveryname]),0,1)
count2 =
SUMX(ALL(Tbl_customer),[count1])

2. Result:

vyangliumsft_0-1694587042988.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and it works quite well. I only miss a sum of the total number, so it just points out as '1''. In my original measure I make use of a SUMX, which rings me to a total number of delivery customer names for a specific customer . With the proposed measure it just turns out to 1 delivery customer name.

Thanks in adavcen for any additional thought to get this resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.