Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Michalison
Helper II
Helper II

Exit Survey Data

Michalison_0-1709139594786.png

I have a employee exit survey I need to create a dashboard for - there are three columns asking for the most important reason they left, second most important reason they left and third most important reason they left (see above)  I need to know what would be the best way to visualize these columns in 1 visual if possible with the percentage for each category i.e. retirement and the percentage that left due to this.  Have no idea how to go about this any suggestions would be good

4 REPLIES 4
olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, you could do a conditional column, if resourse 1 then 3 , if resource 2 then 2 etc. Or even better when you assign the percentages so for every person they sum up to 100, 50 the resource 1, 30 and 20 respectively, then you could make a relevant comparison of all the reasons

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime
olgad
Super User
Super User

The easiest is you create a conditional weight column, using reason column, if reason 1 then 3, if 2 then 2, if 3 then 1. 

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
olgad
Super User
Super User

Hi, depends how you want to count and what you wanna show. If you want to show what is the percentage of retirement from all th reasons, then you can click in power query on reason 1, 2, 3 -transform-unpivot and you would get

olgad_0-1709153382007.png

And then it is easy in a pie chart to show the count of people who named retirement or any other as a reason for leaving as well as show the percentage of it from all the reasons given

Thanks duplicated the table and unpivoted the 3 columns and that works great how about if I wanted to weight the three columns i.e. Most important has a value of 3, 2nd has a value of 2 and 3rd has a value of 1  is that something I could do?  Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.