Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclusion/Inclusion filters both greyed out in Power BI Desktop

I can add points to both filters but cannot retrieve from either without deleting the entire filter.  I have been using this functionality in reports for many months.  After the last update, these two filters are greyed out and do not offer the option to select.  Is there a toggle or option that may have been turrned off in the last update.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe this is working as designed. These inclusions/exclusions are meant to be ephemeral, only used during active data discovery by your users . 

If you want something more durable, use the standard filters on the filter pane.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

VickieM_0-1650805361295.png

Hi, Thanks for responding. In the filter example above, I have excluded 53 points from a curve.  There is no elipse for a drop down that would allow a point to be re "included".  All other filters on the page have the elipse. I have looked at the slicers on the page and turned off syncing on the visual.  I've tried another document altogether and have same result.  i.e. Can exclude the point from the curve, but cannot get it back because there is no drop down..  Doesnt matter how many points are excluded, as soon as I exclude 1 point, the filter is created with no drop down. The only alternative to get points back appears to be to delete the filter altogther, and then start excluding points again.  It's the same for including points.  I am considering reloading the software. Interested in your thoughts.  Thanks again.

I believe this is working as designed. These inclusions/exclusions are meant to be ephemeral, only used during active data discovery by your users . 

If you want something more durable, use the standard filters on the filter pane.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience has been a bit different.  I've used the exclusion and inclusion filters functionality to "click on" and "click off" dates in a curve visual as a standard practice many, many times. The fact that this suddenly no longer works is the issue and is why I think the "update" may have had an impact aat least for me.  I will use your solution for sure if it resolves the problem.  Going to reload the software tomorrow as well and will record the results back here if the original problem is resolved by the reload.  Very much appreciate your responses. Thanks again.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are aiming to achieve. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors